Nineteen young and talented automotive executives have been honored as Rising Stars within the automotive industry by Automotive News Europe.
A gala awards dinner to celebrate the 2023 Rising Stars winners will take place June 13 in Paris.
Since the program was started in 2011, Automotive News Europe has awarded more than 230 Rising Stars.
The 13th annual Rising Stars awards recognize fast-climbing auto leaders who are already taking big steps forward in the industry. From automakers to suppliers, manufacturing to connected cars, engineering to e-commerce, each Rising Star has spearheaded change and made progress up the career ladder.
The 2023 Rising Stars are (listed in alphabetical order based on award):
- Lena Schiewe — Clarios (Varta) — Aftermarket
- Gem Wareing — Jaguar Land Rover — Business Performance
- Steven Stein — Audi — Digital
- Sebastian Wolf — PowerCo — Electrification
- Fiona Coulter — Toyota Europe — Engineering
- Hannafia Spanberg — BorgWarner — Engineering
- Richard Ahlfeld — Monolith — Entrepreneur
- Woolmers Team — Yasa — Entrepreneur
- Mathias Holst — Lynk & CO — Finance
- Stefano Gava — UFI Filters — General Management
- Tobias Althea — Volvo Cars — Information Technology
- Laura Ratha — Hyundai Europe — Marketing
- Tim Thompson — Toyota Europe — Planning
- Rodolfo Cavallero — Funds — Program Management
- Joanna Vera — Forvia — Quality
- Kim Costello — Pendragon — Retail
- Alessandro Grosso — Stellantis — Sales
- Geoffrey Bouquot — Valeo — Strategy
- Jean-Philippe Bahuaud — The Future is Neutral (Renault) — Sustainability
To see a profile on each winner, please click here.
“The 19 people who were chosen this year are exceptional. Each winner has the skills, courage and dedication to lead our industry through this unprecedented period of change.” Automotive News Europe Associate Publisher & Editor Luca Ciferri said. “This is the 13th year we have selected a Rising Stars class. We are very proud of the fact that many of the more than 230 past winners of the award are still playing leading roles in shaping the future of the industry.”
The prestigious Automotive News Europe The Rising Stars awards are jointly presented with our exclusive lead sponsor, Capgemini, and our partner, Mercuri Urval. Each winner will receive a trophy designed by Pininfarina.
A Rising Star is an executive with a pan-European profile working in the automotive, or other industries helping to drive the future of mobility, which has driven change, fostered innovation and made courageous decisions.
To qualify, candidates should have a minimum of 10 years of work experience, have multiple language skills and be 45 years or younger. Nominations are accepted from automakers, suppliers, automotive service and mobility providers and retail/aftersales businesses.